Sunday, February 21, 2016

Kang Doenjang

Hello! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I'm sorry that I haven't posted about the EXO concert. Things have been crazy busy and I haven't had to opportunity to sit down and write the post. But I promise it will be worth the wait. This weeks recipe is going to be a little different. I actually don't have a recipe for this dish. I saw it being made in a section of a YouTube video that I watched. It looked so delicious so I tried to recreate the recipe as best I could using only visuals. It turned out pretty delicious and I think it looks pretty close to how it looks in the video. You can check that out here and tell me how I did. The recipe I made is at the very end of the video.
This weeks playlist is a bit different. I've been branching out and listening to different groups so that I can widen my music selection to share with you.  The first song is Roll Deep by HyunA featuring Ilhoon of BTOB. The song itself is pretty fun. It's got a good beat and is fun to sing along to. The video is interesting. It touches on imagery seen in other artist's videos. Ilhoon's superman robe reminds me of G-Dragon's Wonder Woman robe in the Crayon video. HyunA at one point has a definite Miley Cyrus vibe. I enjoy HyunA because she's beautiful and badass. The next song is Just Right by GOT7. I really enjoy the message of this song. They're telling the girl that she's beautiful just the way she is and doesn't need to listen to people telling her she has imperfections. The song is fun and upbeat. The music video is a little funny but I enjoyed it. I always find it interesting to see the dance moves they pair with a song. This video definitely features some interesting ones. Both these songs are really great and I love dancing to them :) Maybe one day, if you're lucky, I'll post a video of me dancing and singing along with some Kpop songs.

Now it's time for my recipe!


Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
5 green Korean peppers
7 Shiitake mushrooms
2 tablespoons gochujang
3 tablespoons doenjang
1 tablespoon minced garlic
water

Rice and Red Leaf Lettuce to eat it with.

Step 1.
Combine the beef, peppers, mushrooms, garlic, gochujang and doenjang together in a medium sized pot and mix well.
 

Step 2.
Add enough water to cover the ingredients. I added about 2 cups.



















Step 3.
Cover and cook on medium heat until the ground beef is cooked through.



















Now its ready to eat. I took a piece of red leaf lettuce and put some rice and then some of the Kang Doenjang on it and ate it that way.

It turned out pretty well. It was very delicious. Next time I think I will add less water. This could also be made in a small portion, which I think would be better. What are your thoughts? Do you have any recipes you think I should try? What's been your favorite recipe so far? Leave it in the comments below.

XOXO,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment