Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Chia Seed Products

Hello! Recently I purchased a couple products from The Face Shop. These were the first Korean skincare products that I purchased and I was so excited! I had been watching the Korean/Aussie beauty blogger Meejmuse talk about Korean skincare products and I desperately wanted to try them. I was slightly upset because I didn't think you could really get Korean skincare products in America. That was until I learned about The Face Shop. The Face Shop is a Korean cosmetics retailer and they have stores in the U.S. Woo Hoo!
I decided to go with the Chia Seed line because I had heard good things about it and I knew it would be a good brand to use since I have oily skin. The two products I chose were the Chia Seed Boosting Essence and the Chia Seed Watery Toner. In Korean skincare there can be many products used and everything has a specific order that it is put on in. I really loved the packaging of these products because there is a section that tells you the order in which to used the products. I don't follow the steps completely because I don't have all the products yet. I hope to gain a better collection as I become more acquainted with the types of products available. However, my skincare routine is far more complicated than it used to be. I used to wash my face and then put on a moisturizer and that was it. But as I get older I have started to pay more attention to my skin and try to take care of it. Prevention is easier than repairing the damage.

The first product that has been added to my skincare routine is the Boosting Essence. This essence is different because it goes on right after washing the face to help moisturize it. Normally an essence is put on after the toner, kind of like a serum. After I wash my face I will either leave it wet or lightly dry it so there is still some moisture on my skin and then I will apply this boosting essence. After that I will apply the toner. I try not to rub my face too much as apply the products. And especially with the toner I will use more of a patting or tapping motion. I allow the products to absorb into my skin and then I will go on to apply my eye cream and moisturizer.
I really enjoy these products. Shortly after using them I feel like my face looked more youthful. My face felt healthy and moisturized. I used to get dry patches on certain areas of my face but I haven't had any since using these products. I feel like my face has a more even tone and is more nourished. I think these products are great and I can't wait to try out more!
If you have any products that you think I should try please leave me a comment below and tell me all about it. Have a great week!

XOXO,
Rachel

1 comment: