Sunday, January 31, 2016

Kimchijeon (Kimchi Pancake)

Hello! This week I have something fun an exciting for you. Instead of photos of my cooking I am giving you a video of me making the food. I'm so happy to be able to share this with you. I've had a few people tell me that it's so interesting what I'm doing and that people would actually enjoy seeing the face that goes along with the cooking. Well here I am! You can find both the recipe and video below. You can also subscribe to my YouTube channel for new videos or you can follow along on Instagram.
I wasn't able to include any music in my video because I couldn't play music and film at the same time. But I do have a playlist to share with you this week. I am a relatively new BIGBANG fan and am still exploring all their music. I've recently found some of their older songs and I am loving it. The first song is Bigbang. Catchy title, right! I really enjoy how the song starts off with raps from both T.O.P and G-Dragon. The whole song is amazing, catchy and upbeat but the raps are the best part. T.O.P's parts are my favorite. He has an interesting style and I love how is voice melds with the music. The next song on the list is Good Bye Baby. Many of my reasons for loving this song are very similar to the previous song. I love how T.O.P's voice and lyrics bring you into the song. This song reminds me of a lot of 2000's American hip hop songs. Plus the video is amazing and I love the dance battle. You'll have to check it out for yourself!

Now time for the cooking!


Ingredients:

1/2 pound Napa Cabbage Kimchi, chopped into small pieces, plus 2 tablespoons of the brine
3 scallions, chopped
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup water
4 tablespoons vegetable oil

Step 1. 
Combine the kimchi, kimchi brine, scallions, sugar, flour and water in a medium size bowl and mix well with a spoon.

Step 2. 
Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of the vegetable oil and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan. Pour the batter onto the pan and spread with the back of a spoon or spatula to form a large circle. Cook until the bottom is golden brown and crisp. About 3 to 5 minutes.

Step 3.
Carefully turn the pancake over. Drizzle the remaining oil around the edges of the skillet, then lift the pancake with a spatula to allow the oil to run underneath, and tilt the pan to spread the oil evenly. Cook until the pancake is light golden brown and crisp. Around 3 to 5 minutes. You can flip it one more time and cook for another minute.

Now your pancake is ready to serve. 

Thank you so much for joining me on this weeks adventure. Please let me know what you thought of the video in the comments below. I'd also love to hear your thoughts on what I should make next. I'm always on the look out for new recipes to try out. Next weekend is Lunar New Year. It is a big holiday in Korea. There is usually a big feast prepared for everyone that includes specific dishes that are made for this celebration. I'm hoping to share some of those with you next week. Until next time.

XOXO,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment